Creating Inspired Communities Where People Love to Live
13 Ways Inc. was founded as a company to facilitate success in building communities people want to live in and can prosper within. Doug Griffiths, the founder and chief community builder for 13 Ways Inc. started the company with a passion and commitment to improving the lives of people in small rural communities. Since then our team has expanded to include experts in facilitation, branding and marketing, retail and downtown redesign opportunities, and building intentional healthy communities.
Chief Community Builder
Consumer Behaviour Expert
Prior to her work with the University of Alberta and 13 Ways, Heather has worked at lululemon athletica, ATB Financial and started her career with McDonalds Restaurants. She is passionate about business success and growing the pool of talent to work in this fascinating industry.
Heather is a business advocate and strategist. A few highlights include:
- Employed hundreds of business students who have worked with more than 2500 organizations in the Edmonton region
- Has secured 1.3 million dollars in funding to support the local business community recover from the effects of the pandemic
- Helped create the new Centre for Cities and Communities Works with national media networks to deliver consumer behaviour research to the country
- Serves on the Edmonton Business Association and past member of Old Strathcona
Business Association Economic Recovery Task Force
- Working on her masters in behavioural economics
A forward-thinker in every sense, Heather is of the belief that even the most challenging of situations can be resolved from an angle of compassion, understanding and collaboration. Heather is a proud mom of two boys, an avid snowboarder, and an advocate for gender parity and equity in the workforce… especially for working parents.